Sunday 19 April 2015

88 keys -♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ ♮


It's the reason for the tears, but the happiness of fulfillment as well.

Sometimes I love it so much.. staying up late learning notes and listening to music recordings played by professional performers.

But other times.. I just hate it to guts.


I like doing things in an efficient way. But when I find my self seated at the piano, I tend to rush things too much. I jump straight into playing with two hands, when I should practice each hand separately.  

And no. It doesn't work out well.

Learning instruments require a whole new level of patience, and after so many years, I still haven't quite gotten it all figured  out. The persistence and incentive of doing something over and over again till it reaches perfection.

I guess at the end of the day, it's the end result that keeps me going.

 Being able to share the music with others in a nice looking concert hall to me,  is the definition of joy. 



The harsh truth that I've realized is that, the adrenaline of excitement and nervousness doesn't help me perform any better, in fact it it does the opposite.

I get a piece 96 % perfect during practice in the confinements of my own home
But once it's brought onto stage, I only get  80% of the entire piece right.

I think the only way to perform at 100 % perfection on stage, is to achieve 150% perfection at practice.

And now it comes to the part where performing an instrument is almost similar to everything we do in life.

" Mental preparedness" 
It's the moment you push yourself to slowly learn the notes of a new piece, and the moment you brace yourself for the first key you lay your fingers on on stage.

It's the mentality that makes you forget the surroundings, to listen and and lose yourself in every note that falls.


It's the ability to submit yourself to anything and everything you do. Whether it's giving a speech to a crowd, or the 10 min job interview.

Just be cool, and do it well ;)
________________________________________________________________________________




Thank you for reading;)

Written with love,
June


27 comments:

  1. i follow you back

    http://betrendylbeyourself.blogspot.de/2015/04/preview-p2-culture-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must be really talented with playing.. ive played for 8 years and reached Grade 7 before I quitted my lessons and I know how u feel when u say you hate it Haha.

    Just to let you know I have moved blog- chocolatesofjoy.blogspot.com if youre interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha;) Nahh I wouldn't really say I'm that much naturally talented,
      Thank you Joanne! I'll visit your blog x

      Delete
  3. Wow! That's so true, and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much truth in this :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from my ultra talented musical friend;) I feel honoured.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post~ You have a great way with words! I agree with you, too! Learning new things including instruments and music requires so much patience ;u;
    ~Kiyomi <3
    kokorosasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ew instruments. Haha but you make it sound so beautiful. Maybe I should go practice now. You're right though June. Everything's all about mentality, and practice makes perfect. I guess instruments are a good analogy for that prospect of life.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learning how to play an instrument was one of the best things I did as a young child. It taught me patience and perseverance. It was nice to be reminded of that; thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning instruments does come with many other pros!
      Thank you x

      Delete
  9. I know how you feel whenever I practice violin I play the piece through even when I get half the notes wrong and no matter how much I practice I never seem to get it in tune. But music is an artform and it is about enjoyment and fulfillment when you finally master a piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great blog!

    www.ohmissjackie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I admire anyone who has the dedication to learn to play something. It isn't easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you, although I do constantly lose the motivation!

      Delete
  12. You have no idea how better I feel after reading this! Time to pick up my gitaur and try again!
    Chloee
    irishgirlwithacrazylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed your post as well as others, and I do hope you continue exploring and enjoying the wonderful world of music!
    (Do check out my blog- www.myhopefulpencil.blogspot.com thanks! I followed yours)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...